rev.dennis

Protection from Adware and Viruses

So yes Mac OS X is built on one of the most secure operating systems (Linux) which is used for the majority of servers we depend on and need to be up and running for days, weeks, months and even years without having to reboot.

Many articles tell you how you don't need to worry about AntiVirus and/or Adware programs but I have a different feeling. Yes Mac OS X is very secure but all it takes is clicking on something that appears to be legit and entering in your password for your Mac allowing that software to infiltrate your clean Mac without you even knowing.

My suggestion is run two tools to help keep your Mac clean.

1. Malwarebytes (ANTI-MALWARE) for Mac

2. ClamXav (AntiVirus / AntiMalware) for Mac

Don't just take my word for it, check out this great article that details

On 12/19/2016 at 10:37 AM, WinnerSam said:

Unfortunately everything changes. Today Mac OS is not so secure. This article describes Safe Finder virus from Mac http://macsecurity.net/view/124/

Very True yet the number of viruses, adware and spyware for other operating systems is typically much higher than the Linux based Mac OS.

The facts are:

1. There is no anti-malware software that can detect 100% of the malware out there.
  2. There is no anti-malware that can detect everything targeting the Mac.
  3. The very best way to prevent the most attacks is for you as the user to be aware that the most successful malware attacks rely on very sophisticated social engineering techniques preying on human avarice, ****, and fear.
  4. Internet popups saying the FBI, NSA, Microsoft, your ISP has detected malware on your computer is intended to entice you to install their malware thinking it is a protection against malware.
  5. Some of the anti-malware products on the market are worse than the malware from which they purport to protect you.
  6. Be cautious where you go on the internet.
  7. Only download anything from sites you know are safe.
  8. Avoid links you receive in email, always be suspicious even if you get something you think is from a friend, but you were not expecting.
  9. If there is any question in your mind, then assume it is malware

Announcements